!!!!!FlatLand-FreeBuild!!!!!
Please sign in or register if you haven't already!

Anyone interested in Roleplaying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone interested in Roleplaying?

Post  Flegmatica on January 5th 2012, 6:05 pm

Howdy!

Minecraft is getting boring, its always the same formula: build stuff, mine, craft bla bla. But what if there is another way to make it more interesting? Well yes, there is actually, its called Role Playing! Many of you probably have heard the term Role Playing Game, well in that kind of game you take control of the character and live the "life" of him/her. Well, thats what role playing is all about. You create your own character with a backstory and act out his or her needs and aspirations. Simply put - you live the life of an virtual character in the virtual world mimicing real life as close as possible.

Im bringing the example here of the character I made:

Emmett_Littlewood

Emmett was born in a small village called Milltown. The people there were very nice and Emmett got along with everyone. The childhood in Milltown was everything the kids heart could desire. But one night unthinkable happened! The creepers, they came out from nowhere and brought chaos and destruction! Everyone perished and the town lied in ruins. Emmett barely escaped the horrors that took place there. Fortunately he stumbled across a farmer named Melur who lived in the woods. He took Emmett in and raised him as his own. Over the years Emmett became quite a farmer. One night Melur fell ill and died. Emmett was alone in this world once again. He decided to leave the farm and wander to the West. What he finds there? Only time will tell!

So when i would play MC my character would probably be really heartbroken and sad. But he would make a great farmer. So based on my characters backstory i would farm stuff and sell the goods. Most of all my character would want to make friends or even find a loved one since he is all alone. You guys get what im going for there dont you? Very Happy

Anyways people who DONT want to roleplay would be seperated from people who do want to roleplay. This cannot be mandatory, its just choice of how you want to play MC.

Roleplaying has also rules that needs to be followed. Altough i cannot decide what rules should we apply? Some people just dont want deep role playing experience but others (like me for instance) do.

Basic Roleplaying Rules: (Remember - Roleplay = Mimicing real life)
- The character name must sound real. Good: Theodore_Bummelweed Bad: Alien_Poopieface
- You must create your own character and a name. You cannot take names of real or fictional characters.
- Proper Skin! No robots, zombies etc. Just casual people.
- If you wish to Roleplay try talking like people would in real life. Good: "Please kind sir, can you spare a coin?" Bad: "Giv me money plz im poor lol"
- Take realism into a count. Do not mine all day long, take a break! Have a steak! Go outside and take a deep breath etc.
- No powergaming! Powergaming - Stuff u cant do in real life. You wouldnt pick up a tree and throw it into moon now would you?

Everyone is good at something but not in all things. This means you have to limit yourself for what you do. Not everyone can build a house or mine TONS of cobblestone and coal. This means we need something. Something called a village. In villages people do their daily routines and prosper with the help of the people who have settled there. For example one player collects wood, other player farms. Then they trade the goods or donate it for the benefit of the village.

Only plugin we would need is /prefix for everyone who wants to RP.

I think thats it for now.

Anyways give me some feedback and tell me what you think! If you wish to participate in Roleplaying create yourselves a character here and write a little backstory =).

Peace!

Last edited by Flegmatica on January 6th 2012, 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Flegmatica
Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone interested in Roleplaying?

Post  ZDF on January 5th 2012, 7:36 pm

Hayate_Longshanks

Once a citizen of Kavatch. When the oblivion crisis began, Hayate fled from his home in search for a peaceful village far away from the war. Hayate is an apprentice level blacksmith however he is as rather lazy and gets people to gather the minerals for him. He also has a sence for justice and wants to become a guard and punish criminal scums to bring order to his village.
He took an arrow to the knee. :p

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tegue on January 5th 2012, 9:16 pm

Gale_Windstrong

Buff guy with AWESOME black hair. Born in the Kingdom of Zanthia. Born and raised by a farmer and gardener giving him buff awesomeness.

He gave the other guy the arrow to the knee.

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NZjacksparrow on January 6th 2012, 1:44 am

Fred_Frownderm

Fred lived in a peaceful town. He was sick of all the peace. He wanted to fight in the war. But his parents would not let him. So he ran away in hope he would find another village who was not against war. it was getting cold and Fred had no where to go. He saw a glowing light coming from over other hill. He found what he had wished for. Millington village... THE END!

Last edited by NZjacksparrow on January 6th 2012, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flegmatica on January 6th 2012, 2:25 am

Tegue wrote:Gale_Windstrong

Buff guy with AWESOME black hair. Born in the Kingdom of Zanthia. Born and raised by a farmer and gardener giving him buff awesomeness.

He gave the other guy the arrow to the knee.

Try once more with the backstory. Name is cool tho Very Happy
Flegmatica
Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaphan on January 6th 2012, 3:03 am

Gideon_Wainwright

He hails from the Northern Steppes, but as it were, he had a thing for porking just about every woman he could find. Even the uglies Surprised. He was run out of his hometown and banished from the Northern Steppes. The only way he could return was if he were to bring back a diamond to every female specimen that he ever had intercourse with. Too bad that number is over 9000. So he has settled in the small village of Millington, with his new found comrades he shall conquer the surrounding areas and craft a kingdom of his own >Very Happy. After which he will lay waste to the Northern Steppes and die of old age with wenches surrounding him :,,D

Simple House Builder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaphan on January 6th 2012, 3:22 am

>.> I are link

Simple House Builder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tegue on January 6th 2012, 3:32 am

Gale_Windstrong Backstory
Raised by his parents in the Kingdom Zanthia in the County of Orange he became naturally buff due to all the heavy lifting.
When he was 5 Years old his parents were murdered by the evil king of the Romulan Kingdom.
He was then taken in by the Ye Olde Drunkard. Little did he know the drunkard was a master in the bow and arrow.. He trained with the Drunkard when he was sober giving him Elite Accuracy. He went on a journey to for the Evil King of Romulan so he can exact his revenge.

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brisque on January 6th 2012, 5:55 am

Tom-milks

i was rasied as a blacksmith and stayed in my home town called hermandlen but one day creepers destroyed everything and i ran away and found a village cauld millgiton and then i was there black smith
Brisque
Wood Crafter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvarion on January 6th 2012, 9:16 am

Hey Xaphan, is the name "Gideon" from Scott Pilgrim?

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NZjacksparrow on January 9th 2012, 3:54 am

Why is the role play server always down? has the ip changed or something?

Vice President
Vice President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaphan on January 9th 2012, 11:20 am

Alvarion wrote:Hey Xaphan, is the name "Gideon" from Scott Pilgrim?

No, I can assure you it isn't... That movie was smart :L

Simple House Builder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top